Our Amazing Sticky Ribs
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes or Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 110g Brown sugar
- 600g Tomato sauce
- 110ml Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1kg rack of Pork ribs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Roughly chop the onion and crush the garlic in a garlic crusher, then place in a fry pan over a medium heat with the olive oil. Fry for around 5 minutes or until the onion has softened and become translucent.
- Add the chilli or cayenne pepper (if using), fennel seeds and brown sugar, stir and cook until the sugar has melted.
- Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce and stir everything together. Bring this to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Place the ribs in a deep roasting tray and pour over the sauce. Cover the tray in foil and put into the oven for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove the foil and turn the oven up to 180°c and cook for another 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the ribs cool before serving.