- 1.8 to 2kg Pork neck, cut into big squares.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Dry Rub
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika (not smoked)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (store bought)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- In a small bowl, combine all the dry rub ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- Season the pork pieces all over with the dry rub.
- Turn the pressure cooker to “saute”(or fry in a pan). Add the oil and allow it to get hot. Add some of the pork to the pot making sure you do not overcrowd the pot. Brown the meat for about 5 minutes, turning the pork to all sides. Transfer the first batch of cooked meat to a plate and continue to brown the rest of the pork.
- Return all the meat to the pot and pour over the sauce. Toss well making sure the meat is well coated. Close the lid. If using a pressure cooker set the timer to 90 minutes, otherwise if using a slow cooker turn it to auto and cook for at least 6hrs.
- Remove the pork from the Pressure cooker (or slow cooker) transfer the pork to a bowl.
- Reduce the sauce by heating on a fry-pan or (saute on the pressure cooker) wait until the sauce thickens. Use as much or as little as you want.