THAI STYLE PORK MEAT BALLS
|1 tsp chopped fresh coriander||2 Tbsps fresh lime juice|
|3 spring onions, chopped fine||2 Tbsps light soy sauce|
|1 tsp grated fresh ginger||1 tsp sesame oil|
|1 garlic clove, chopped fine||1 Tbsp honey|
|1 hot chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped (optional)|
|50g caster sugar||1 tsp cornflour|
|3 Tbsps Thai fish sauce||1 Tbsp finely chopped of fresh mint|
|450g GV Pork Mince||2 Tbsps finely chopped fresh coriander|
|4 spring onions, chopped fine||salt and black pepper|
|1 garlic clove, chopped fine||1 Tbsp oil|
|Zest of 1 Lemon|
- For the dipping sauce, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside. Start to prepare the meatballs.
- Gently heat the sugar and fish sauce in a non-stick saucepan until the sugar has melted and mixture starts to thicken. Cool, and then stir into the pork mince with the remaining ingredients mixing thoroughly.
- With damp hands, roll into 15-20 small balls, place on a plate and chill until ready to cook.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the meatballs for 15-20 minutes, until brown and cooked through.
- As an appetiser, serve the meatballs hot accompanied by the dipping sauce. For a main meal, serve with rice/noodles and a vegetable stir fry.
- You can also freeze the meatballs raw and cook when needed. This works well.
- Happy chopping!